Announcing the Energy and Mines Australia Summit
Energy and Mines is delighted to announce its 10th Summit focused on connecting the mining and renewables sectors. The Energy and Mines Australia Summit will take place June 29-30, at the Pan Pacific Perth and will focus on cost-effective, reliable, low-carbon power solutions for mines.
Against the backdrop of an ongoing national debate on the country’s future energy mix, and with Australian mining leaders calling for affordable and reliable power following load shedding in Southern Australia, this Summit offers a timely and relevant platform for the mining and renewables sectors to meet.
With power accounting for 10-40% of operating costs for grid-tied mines and 20-50% for remote mines, energy is a top strategic concern for Australian miners. Energy security is also a major challenge driving both grid-tied and remote operations to actively explore renewables as a means of controlling energy costs and supply.
The Energy and Mines Australia Summit will showcase the very latest case studies from mines integrating renewables and storage and provide a unique networking opportunity for mining and renewables to explore solutions for affordable, and reliable power.
SunSHIFT is the In Association sponsor of this high-caliber Summit and ABB is a Lead Sponsor. Additional sponsors include Advisian, GHD, and VSUN Energy. The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA), which has played a key role in the success of groundbreaking renewables for mining projects in Australia including Sandfire’s solar storage hybrid and Rio Tinto’s Weipa solar project, is a key supporting organization.
Hear from 50+ mining, renewables, finance, storage and government experts including:
Paul Burton, Managing Director, TNG
Ken Brinsden, Managing Director & CEO, Pilbara Minerals
Tim Langmead, Director of External Relations, Fortescue Metals Group
Graham Winkelman, Climate Change Practice Lead, BHP Billiton
Lance Moody, Solar Project Manager, Sun Metals
Will Rayward-Smith, General Manager, SunSHIFT
Ivor Frischknecht, CEO, Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)
Samantha McGahan, Executive Manager, Australian Vanadium
Dr. Paul Ebert, Global Lead – New Energy, Advisian
Juergen Zimmermann, Business Development & Technology Manager, ABB
Chris Twomey, Investment Manager, ARENA
John McCudden, Renewables, MPower
Phillip Mak, Global Head of Resources, Energy and Northern Australia, Specialised Finance, National Australia Bank
Andrew Drager, Managing Director, Juwi Renewable Energy
Craig Palmer, Project Manager, GHD
Glynn Ellis, Business Development Manager, New Energy, Asia-Pacific, Shell International
Click here to view current speaker list.
Click here to view the Summit site
Click here to register your Summit place
Key reasons to attend:
- Hear how energy supply and cost concerns are shaping the energy strategies of Australian mines
- Learn from the latest case studies from mining operators integrating renewables and storage
- Benefit from critical insight from remote mining leaders on the potential role of renewables in reducing diesel and gas reliance
- Understand the solutions that grid-connected mines are exploring to reduce power costs and ensure energy reliability
- Hear how the global renewables and mining-energy sectors are adapting their businesses to meet the energy challenges of mines
- Benefit from 2 + days of networking with senior representatives from mining, energy, finance and government sectors
- Learn how the transition to a low-carbon economy is impacting the resource sector locally and globally
- Plus get the latest updates on how energy storage will enable baseload renewables and grid energy stabilization for mines
For details on speaking or sponsorship opportunities, contact Adrienne Baker, Director, Energy and Mines at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 613 680 2482