PRE-SUMMIT WORKSHOP: AN INTRODUCTION TO MINING FOR THE RENEWABLES INDUSTRY
The pre-Summit workshop will provide Non-Conventional Renewable Energy Professionals with a comprehensive understanding of mining industry. Participants will gain a greater understanding of the operational practices pivotal to the mining industry, be able to interpret essential terminology and feel more comfortable interacting with core mining staff by having a clearer understanding of the key concepts involved in mining. This course aims to enhance an understanding of the business of mining for renewable energy professionals.
This workshop will led by Arnoldus Mateo van den Hurk Mir, PhD
For 29 years Arnold has been as an adviser and professional in geo-mining, renewable energy, company appraisal and financial analysis. He has worked in Europe, South America the Caribbean, Africa and China.
Who Should Attend:
This course will be of particular interest to energy professionals who are currently involved or would like to be involved in energy for mining projects.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the significance of energy in the mining industry
- Understand frequently used terminology
- Describe the use of energy on open pit and underground mining methods
- Understand the principles of mine design, planning and optimization
- The impact of energy on rehabilitation and environmental considerations
- Understand the production chain from mining from processing to extractive metallurgy
- Describe the logistics and marketing behind key commodities